Antecedents to the Triumph of the Revolution.
• Sugar production from its harvest to the industrial process originates waste and / or by-products that constitute technically and economically feasible raw materials to convert into products of strong demand in the economy of any country or in the international market.
• It also has the quality of being renewable in periods of time several times smaller than other natural sources of great exploitation at present.
• 1 metric ton of cane generates 120 kgs of sugar, 38 kgs of honey, 36 kgs of cachaça, 250 kgs of bagasse, 60 kgs of straw and leaves and 100 kgs of cogollo.
• Before the triumph of the Revolution, 35 sugarcane derivative factories, producing alcohol, boards, pulp and paper, baking yeast, technical dextran and cane wax, were operating in our country.
• In the early years of the Revolution within the Cuban economic scene there was something paradoxical that both Fidel and Che had called attention to from the beginning:
Cuba, the leading producer of sugar in the world and without industrial diversification in other sectors that would allow it to exit from dependence in the short term, had not developed any research in this field, despite the great potential that was presented to it, especially after of the derivatives of its main production.
• In 1965 begins the production of torula yeast from final honeys in the central C. Redondo, inaugurated by Commander Ernesto Guevara.
• Beginning in 1975, a true process of expansion in the Derivatives industry began, and 10 torula yeast plants, 3 bagasse boards plants, 2 new distilleries, 9 rum factories, 3 carbon dioxide recovery plants were acquired and assembled. , and the recovery of saccharomyces yeast was expanded to 6 distilleries. The existing boards, paper and alcohol plants were modernized at the triumph of the Revolution.
It begins to consolidate the creation of a food base for livestock from sugarcane and its by-products, it grows in the delivery of urea honey, and the urea bagacillo honey is introduced, which in turn begins to be replaced by the bagacillo predigested with the objective of increasing the digestibility of the product and saving honey.
It is achieved and introduces a national technology for pork, Protein Honey, and mass production would occur in 1987.
DISTRIBUCIÓN DE PLANTAS DE DERIVADOS
|MIEL UREA BAGACILLO||2||3||4||5||5||2||4||6||4||5||5||4||1||50|